Prospekt Mira - Проспект Мира
Opened on 30 January 1952 by architects Vladimir Gelfreykh and Mikhail Minkus.
The theme of this station develops the connotation of the name in the overall color tone. The pylons are faced with flared white marble, and are topped with ceramic bas-relief frieze made of floral elements. In the centre are medallion bas-reliefs (work of G.Motovilov) featuring the different aspects in the development of agriculture in the Soviet Union. The station walls are laid with dark red Ural marble and chessboard floor pattern is made of grey and black granite. The ceiling vault is decorated with casts, and lighting comes from several cylindrical chandeliers.
The station's vestibule is built into the ground floor of a multi-story building on the corner of Mira Avenue and Protopopovsky lane. Designed by A. Arkin, its façade features sculptures and an original clock over the two archways. Inside, opposite the escalator hall is a large smalt artwork Mothers of the World by A.Kuznetsov.
(Photo by Joppe Peeters)